gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Recent ansi fixes

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Recent ansi fixes
Date: 25 Oct 2003 12:12:05 -0400

Greetings!  To fix this would be literally a one character change in
clcs_restart.lisp, but this would break the abort.5 test in such a way
that all future tests in the test run would quit, i.e. fail to
complete.  The idea is that there is a top level abort restart, just
as apparently in cmucl, which in gcl's case throws a quit-tag to
return to the top level.  But abort.5 wants to see a control-error
from invoke-restart indicating that it cannot find an abort restart.
we use the same invoke-restart code as cmucl (virtually), but abort.5
works there.  Perhaps there is some condition checking in the
:function of the top level restart which distinguishes abort.5's
abort, and :q.  Enlightenment, as always, sought with appreciation.

Take care,