gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Which option to maximize architecture portability on gcl

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Which option to maximize architecture portability on gcl-2.6.1
Date: 25 Oct 2003 11:22:05 -0400

Greetings!  If memory serves, gcc doesn't (yet) emit ISA extension
instructions with any flag setting.  If this is the case, what you
have is fine.  To be safe, you can redefine the compiler::*cc*
variable as desired (e.g. just omit any march setting).

The stock Debian gcl does not have an march gcc flag setting.  If you
build gcl yourself, and have a CFLAGS environment variable set, and
march setting could be thus captured.

Take care,