gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] RE: GCL 2.6.1 on Windows XP

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Gcl-devel] RE: GCL 2.6.1 on Windows XP
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:29:05 -0400

Tim,

On Thursday, October 23, 2003 6:48 PM I wrote:

> Did you download?
>

> http://people.debian.org/~camm/gcl/stable-binary/gcl_2.6.1.min
> gw32_japi_xdr_20030929.zip
>
> Unzip it and run the install program. It installed and
> runs under Windows XP for me with no problems (although
> an earlier version did fail on the install unless you
> installed it into a directory named c:/lang).

I have just tried this and I see that the problem with the
install directory still exists. When the install scripts
asks where you want to install GCL, tell it

  c:/lang/gcl261

instead of the default, then the install will complete
normally.

I understood that Mike Thomas was going to upload a corrected
version a couple of weeks ago but perhaps it has not yet made
it to debian.

Cheers,
Bill Page.