gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: On statically linked Axiom (was: static lisp and rpms)

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: On statically linked Axiom (was: static lisp and rpms)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:22:17 -0400

Tim, David,

You might recall that on Thursday, October 16, 2003 9:28 AM

On Monday, October 20, 2003 11:45 PM Tim wrote:

> The statically linked GCL image has a problem:
>
> make file foo.lisp:
>
> (defun test (st) (read-char st))
>
> at lisp prompt:
>
> >(compile-file "foo.lisp")
> >(load "foo.o")

I tried this under Windows with GCL 2.6.1 which is statically
linked without readline by default (I think?). It worked fine.

So it seems that moving to 2.6.1, building with the new
.\configure --enable-static option and eliminating readline
might correct your static linking problem.

Cheers,
Bill Page.