gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Common Lisp Standards

From: Kamil Ignacak
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Common Lisp Standards
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 03:33:40 +0200 (CEST)

Hello

I'm a begginer, so my question may be silly: can you explain me the
differene between CLtL2 and ANSI standard?  Which one is more
important? And what about Hyper-Spec? Another standard? I've seen all
these three names in gcl-devel and I'm not pretty sure if gcl is going to
be ANSI-compatible or CLtL2-compatible?

Anyway, I'm going to choose some lisp environment and I'm looking for the
best one.

One more thing: I can't get the tarball with gcl-2.5.3 from
http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gcl/ !! (URL not found) date: 17 Oct 03

Kamil Ignacak

address@hidden