gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] setf

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] setf
Date: 03 Oct 2003 16:55:52 -0400

Greetings!  Paul, my investigations into the defgeneric and methods
issues is leading me back to the issue of the proper treatment of
'(setf foo) in 'function, 'flet, 'fboundp, etc.  Could you please
briefly summarize for me what is supposed to happen, or what sections
of the spec govern this?  It should be easy to get '(setf foo)
recognized as a function name, but I don't know how it should react
with defsetf -- my feeling is that in the absence of any (defun (setf

(function '(setf foo)) -> (lambda (x) (setf foo x)),

and to hope that the macroexpansion if any handles the rest.  How far
off is this?

Take care,