gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] New design for Axiom web site

From: Mark Murray
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] New design for Axiom web site
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:51:16 +0100

David MENTRE writes:
> I think, at least for gcl 2.5.2, you should keep as much patches as
> possible:

I'm trying to use GCL-2.5.3, and re-engineering the patches into there
as needed.

> The following aren't system specific:
>
> gcl-2.5.2.cmpnew.cmpcall.lsp.patch
> gcl-2.5.2.cmpnew.cmpflet.lsp.patch
> gcl-2.5.2.o.cmpaux.c.patch
> gcl-2.5.2.o.main.c.patch
> gcl-2.5.2.o.package.d.patch
> gcl-2.5.2.unixport.init_gcl.lsp.in.patch
> gcl-2.5.2.unixport.makefile.patch
>
> Those two are linux specific, you should write the equivalent for
> FreeBSD:
>
> gcl-2.5.2.h.linux.defs.patch
> gcl-2.5.2.h.linux.h.patch

There are some additional files added ("EXTRAS= ...."). How general
to GCL are those files, or are they AXIOM-only? Could a general GCL
distribution have those files with no untoward side effects?

> That's said, GCL 2.6.1 integrates all necessary changes, so it might be
> wise to start from this release.

Does GCL 2.6.1 have the EXTRA= files?

> For noweb, the patches are system independent and should be kept.

I've added the patches to FreeBSD's noweb port, so the AXIOM port
can depend on that rather than carrying its own. Will the noweb
maintainers accept the patches for future releases?

Mark Murray
iumop ap!sdn w,I idlaH