gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] New design for Axiom web site

From: Mark Murray
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] New design for Axiom web site
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 23:12:28 +0100

David MENTRE writes:
> Camm Maguire <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > As there is a section on supported systems, I just wanted to report
> > that axiom is currently compiled on the following Debian GNU/Linux
> > platforms:
> >
> > mipsel, ia64, i386, ppc, alpha, and sparc
>
> Thanks Camm, I have updated the web page.

I'm currently working on a FreeBSD build of Axiom, using GCL. I've
done the hard stuff, and I'm now waiting for the compile to finish.

I've taken a machete to the build; the FreeBSD ports system already
has noweb and GCL, so I diked those out of the build. Also, I've
replaced all "  make foo" with "   ${MAKE} foo", as freebsd calls
gnu make "gmake", and gnu make knows to pass this name on. There
are a few other glitches.

I'll contribute diffs when its working :-)

Mark Murray
iumop ap!sdn w,I idlaH