gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] New design for Axiom web site

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] New design for Axiom web site
Date: 29 Sep 2003 09:41:37 -0400

Greetings, all!  Just saw the wonderful work on the new website, and
am still digesting....

As there is a section on supported systems, I just wanted to report
that axiom is currently compiled on the following Debian GNU/Linux
platforms:

mipsel, ia64, i386, ppc, alpha, and sparc

At the current moment, the remaining 6 are expected straightforwardly,
as GCL already carries maxima and acl2 to all these machines, and the
absence of these builds thus far is apparently due to an autobuilder
backlog.

You can follow the progress at

http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=axiom

Another nice page to check is

http://packages.qa.debian.org/a/axiom.html

One note in case anyone wants to use axiom on the Itanium -- there is
a known and unique function calling issue on ia64 due to its
dynamically generated function descriptors.  What this means is that
upgrading the dynamic libraries on which axiom depends requires a
rebuild of axiom at present.  We may have a work around shortly, but
it seems there is not much demand for this fix.

Take care,