gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Windows issues - reversion

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Windows issues - reversion
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:23:51 +1000

Hi Jacques/Camm.

| > Its is a pain, but to resume my ACL2 work, I have tried to compile
| > an official GCL release for the source tar files
| > Unfortunatly, with cygwin, but for mingw, I have ran into trouble
| > during compilation and I have not yet succeeded to complete a GCL
| > image

Let me know what those MinGW problems are - don't suffer in silence!  (Also
which package you tried to build too please.)

By the way, for several reasons (search the mailing list), a Cygwin build of
GCL is not supported unless someone else wants to do it.

| OK, I think we need to finalize 2.6.1, and all build the *same* tree
| and place on the website.  We might call this 2.6.2 if people like,
| and then proceed to work on 2.7.0 pending critical bugs that may
| appear.  Anyone have 'showstoppers' that need fixing in 2.6.1?  Seems
| to work great for me with itself, maxima, acl2 and axiom.

Camm - Apart from the hard-wired path problem the traditional build of 2.6.1
works OK here on Maxima and ACL2 under Windows XP.

I must qualify the Maxima data point by saying that it is CVS from six
months ago.  Our network no longer allows anonymous CVS downloads so I can't
try the latest CVS.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.