gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: GCL ACL2 - gc$ and contrl-C

From: Matt Kaufmann
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: GCL ACL2 - gc$ and contrl-C
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 20:12:20 -0500

Thanks, Mike.  I don't usually use ACL2 on Windows, so I'll assume that Jacques
will try this out unless I hear otherwise.

-- Matt
   From: "Mike Thomas" <address@hidden>
   Cc: <address@hidden>
   Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:24:34 +1000

   Hi Jacques and Matt.

   | I have tried to start ACL2 (based on the current "cvs" 5.2.3,
   | that is maybe
   | unstable) in a regular DOS windows and it does fail after a control-c by
   | returning directly to the DOS prompt

   I would appreciate it very much if you could try the Windows
   "2.5.4.japi.xdr.20030815" binary on Camm's temporary download site:

      http://people.debian.org/~camm/gcl/stable-binary/

   I am unsure of what is causing the ^C problem on Windows and it may still
   still be present with this version.

   Please let me know what happens.

   | Finally, I am not sure to have understood all the mails but
   | somebody seems to
   | have suggested that the gc$ problem was related to a missing parameter

   Partly.

   It needs a parameter as detailed further by Matt in his other reply to your
   message.   The unstable version of GCL which you used did not deal with the
   error message correctly which made it pretty hard for you to see the
   problem!

   This problem should should not be present in the 2.5.4 stable version. (That
   is how I found out that you were missing a parameter to gc$.)

   Cheers

   Mike Thomas.