gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] ELF questions

From: Michael Koehne
Subject: [Gcl-devel] ELF questions
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:10:37 +0200

Moin Guru's,

  A problem with my current GCL, is that its becoming to fat, and that
  I have lots of those fat save_testYZX binaries, even if I know that
  the saved test, only about 100 of external 2000 functions.

  I currently play around with GCL bindings for the ELF dlopen functions.

  My idea is that an GCL linked with BDF, might use an 'elf package, to
  do elf loading on users demand.

  The problem is known: One can not save-system such a package. But one
  might call a function to dlclose the libraries before, raising a flag
  to dlopen them again, if the fresh copy demands it.

  Porting a library to elf should be straight :%s/defentry /defentry-elf /gi
  and adding an (elf::use "/path/to/your/lib.so"), on top of the package.
  Such a package could still be compiled and loaded with BFD, as long as
  they dont mix defCfun in lisp code.

  Ideas (especialy in form of source code) is welcome. Take a look at
  http://www.copyleft.de/lisp/ -> XgclGL-0.14, for the defentry-compat
  macro in xlib-bindings-l.lsp, which might become the base of the
  vaporware defentry-elf macro.

Bye Michael
--
  mailto:address@hidden             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.4.18'UNZ+1'