gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: sockets

From: Weiss, Juergen
Subject: [Gcl-devel] RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: sockets
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 18:18:14 +0200

I think akcl and gcl has the ability to load and dynamically
link object files into a lisp image and save that later to
a file.

But as far as I understand, the AXIOM makefiles generate the
initial lisp executable with for example sockio-c.o linked in from all
the object files of the gcl system using the normal system linker.
That is, we have to compile gcl in the context of AXIOM and cannot
use a gcl package which is independent of AXIOM.

Juergen

Juergen Weiss     | Universitaet Mainz, Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung,
address@hidden| 55099 Mainz, Tel: +49(6131)39-26361, FAX:
+49(6131)39-26407