gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.1

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.1
Date: 05 Sep 2003 09:28:14 -0400

Hi again Vadim!  One other clarification---

"Vadim V. Zhytnikov" <address@hidden> writes:

> Camm Maguire writes:
> > Greetings, all!  You may have noticed the recent CVS activity.  Just a
> > quick summary here:
> > 1) ftp.gnu.org is *still* down, so I'm proceeding with a Debian
> >    package release to see where we are.
> > 2) Stable is now numbered 2.6.x, and unstable 2.7.x.  The debian
>       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >    package can build simultaneously installable gclcvs and gcl
> >    packages to help with our development once this gets settled.  3)
> > axiom builds with 2.6.1 installed separately.  I have a prototype
> >    Debian package to release to unstable for testing shortly.
> > 4) Sizes increased, but a bit more work needs to be done here I
> > think.
> > 5) quite a few other changes, check the debian/changelog.
> > take care,
> > =============================================================================
> > gcl (2.6.1-1) unstable; urgency=low

This 'unstable' refers to the Debian unstable distribution.  All gcl
releases uploaded to Debian must first pass through unstable and
testing before they enter the 'stable' Debian dirstribution, which
should be released sometime in Dec.

Our 'unstable' means a CVS snapshot which we do not intend to install
as a tarball on ftp.gnu.org.

In any case, I'm open to suggestions on all such matters.

Take care,