gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] UFFI & CL-SDL

From: Michael Koehne
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] UFFI & CL-SDL
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:54:03 +0200

Moin Erik Andersson,

> Thanks! I modified the OpenGL makefile as well as the makedefs and managed
> to create a SDL window.

  can you just tar.gz your work - and eMail it to me. I'm working on a
  similar topic - but I currently play around with GCL using raw X and
  OpenGL implementing a 3D extension for the eMUDs (EMACS/LISP) client,
  and with CLISP using sockets and implementing the server part.

> Since the SDL uses both globals and threads I wonder if it is anything
> special I should do to avoid problems with GCL. I noticed that you had to
> be careful when accessing globals from guile at least, and threads often
> cause trouble.

  *hm* I wonder how CL-SDL works in comparison - or if, its possible
  to port CL-UFFI to gcl. UFFI and SDL might offer a way to port my
  game to other platforms.

Bye Michael
--
  mailto:address@hidden             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.4.18'UNZ+1'