gcl-devel

Re: address@hidden: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: Profiling [ was Re: lisp reader

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: Profiling [ was Re: lisp reader enhancement ]]
Date: 12 Aug 2003 13:04:21 -0400

Greetings!  OK a more detailed comment to follow, but first two quick
questions:

1) I see you can find heap_end in gdb as I'd advised.  Does this mean
   your gcl and acl2 have been compiled with debugging enabled?  Gdb
   is not reporting (no debugging symbols found) as is typically the
   case when inspecting non-debugging executables. You can check by
   inspecting the variable compiler::*cc*.  A debugging image has -g,
   and optimizing image has -O6 -fomit-frame-pointer.

2) Do you have some roughly analogous command I can run on stock acl2
   here to mimick your steps?  I want to double check the profiling
   output.  I.e., some cpu consuming step I can run in stock acl2 to
   generate a profile which hopefully exercises the same sorts of acl2
   functionality you are looking at here.

Take care,