gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] (no subject)

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] (no subject)
Date: 11 Aug 2003 22:22:53 -0400

Greetings!

Aurelien Chanudet <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Yes, I've got a working build using the Mac OS X counterpart of dlopen
> and
> I can provide a native Mac OS X binary (for instance, the final output
> named
> `saved_gcl'), albeit a partially featured one (native relocation
> doesn't work
> yet). I can also provide hints for anyone interested in compiling GCL
> for
> Mac OS X.

Great!  OK here are our steps, I think:

1) If you'd like to be 'the point man' fr GCL Mac OS X, please register
as a user at savannah and email me your user id.

2) I'd like to make sure that one can build cleanly from the soon to
be release 2.5.4 release.  Could you please checkout version 2.5.4
from cvs, and post the minimal steps required to get your build?
(cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gcl co -r
Version_2_5_4 gcl)

3) Could you please try building maxima 5.9.0 with the
--enable-gcl-alt-link configure option, and report your results?

4) If you have time and/or interest, could you please try to build
acl2 mimicking the steps taken in the debian/rules makefile of the
Debian acl2 package, and report your results?

5) Can you please check that you can build an ansi image too
(--enable-ansi), cd into ansi-tests, execute
../unixport/saved_ansi_gcl, (load "gclload.lsp") and report your
results?

Many thanks!

Take care,