gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] OpenGL & foreign.lsp & 2.5.8

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] OpenGL & foreign.lsp & 2.5.8
Date: 07 Aug 2003 13:16:18 -0400

Greetings!

Michael Koehne <address@hidden> writes:

> Moin Camm Maguire,
>
> > >   - I wonder where to find the official 2.5.3 source ?
> > >     i found a copy in the Debian pool - but what happend to ftp.gnu.org ?
> > For some reason, savannah has taken it temporarily off line:
> > ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gcl/gcl-2.5.3.tar.gz.back-RSN.README
> > The following files are not available because their authenticity is being
> > confirmed.  We expect to have them uploaded Real Soon Now (RSN).
>
>   *nod* I also read this message - and wondered where to get the
>   newer and official version, if not from gnu.org.
>
>   they perhaps just want a FAX (stating, that you are a real human,
>   and that the code you publish is realy under GPL ;) or they want
>   some upstream with cryptographic signature.
>
> > Don't know about xgcl2.  Can you enlighten?
>
>   ~src/gcl-2.5.3/xgcl-2 - its part of GCL for some time.

<sheepish grin>.  OK, so what is xgcl-1?  I'm trying to understand
your statement desiring a single image with all your desired calls
compiled in.

> > Sounds like you're the X GUI guru we've been looking for :-)!
>
>   *oups* no *blush* but I'm currently playing around with LISP and OpenGL,
>   and realy wonder why its working.

???

> > >   - foreign.lsp looks realy old, throwing warnings like :
> > >       Warning: The package operation (EXPORT '(GL_FALSE GL_TRUE GL_BYTE
> > >        [ ... severl lines deleted ... ]
> > >       GLX_SAMPLE_BUFFER_SGIS)) was in a bad place.
> > >     what does this mean - and how to get rid of them, besides patching
> > >     cmpnew/cmptop.lsp to ingore them ?
> > So if it finds package operations after non-package operations, the
> > compiler prints this warning, to let the user know that this reordering
> > has taken place.

Can't seem to reproduce this.  I get:

>(compile-file "foreign.lsp")

Compiling foreign.lsp.
; (DEFMACRO FOREIGN-FUNCTION ...) is being compiled.
;; The variable FOREIGN-FUNCTIONS is undefined.
;; The compiler will assume this variable is a global.
; (DEFMACRO FOREIGN-DEFINE ...) is being compiled.
;; The variable FOREIGN-DEFINES is undefined.
;; The compiler will assume this variable is a global.
End of Pass 1.
End of Pass 2.
OPTIMIZE levels: Safety=0 (No runtime error checking), Space=0, Speed=3
Finished compiling foreign.lsp.
#p"foreign.o"

Am I missing something?

Take care,