gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] GCL v2.5.3 build fails on cygwin

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] GCL v2.5.3 build fails on cygwin
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 07:35:51 +1000

Hi John.

| I'm trying to build the latest version of GCL on cygwin and get the
| following error. It looks like the time zone changes made in 10/2002 don't
| compile under cygwin. Is there a fix for this? I'm on cygwin
| 1.3.22 with the
| latest GCC package (3.2 and 2.95).

GCL isn't supported on Cygwin, so you'll have to work it out yourself I'm
sorry.  If you just want to build a Windows version (rather than Cygwin
specific), check out the file README.Mingw.

The current downloadable binary for GCL 2.5.3 is an experimental ANSI build
so if you prefer, use that, or else let me know and I'll upload a stable
CLtL 1 image for you tomorrow.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.