gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] Re: GCL compliance and Bill Schelter

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] Re: GCL compliance and Bill Schelter
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:47:15 -0400

     *    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
     *    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

    As I understand it, by requiring that source be available
    GPL modifies condition 2. above and hence runs afoul of the
    BSD license.  But I am not a lawyer!

As long as a copy of the BSD license accompanies the program,
which is necessary anyway to inform people of the license for it,
this condition is fulfilled because the license contains that
statement.