gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] macro table msg

From: root
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] macro table msg
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 14:54:18 -0400

Camm,

Clearly my mistake. My grep seems to have missed that.

>From reading the function it appears that there are a few possible cases:
(1) If $AXIOM is wrong
  If you follow $AXIOM/../../share/doc/hypertex/pages do you find util.ht?
(2)
  If the CVS is wrong. I checked my copy of the CVS and it includes the util.ht
  file. Perchance the upload failed (it has in the past). I'm in the
  process of building a cleaned-up version of the system to upload to CVS
  on Savannah. This will take a while to complete and the import takes about
  5 hours (I'm on a modem) so even that will take a long time.
(3)
  If your copy of the CVS is broken. Do you have a copy of the file? If not
  I've appended one here. Store it in
  $AXIOM/../../share/doc/hypertex/pages/util.ht
  Potentially you need to add the -d option to CVS to get the
  share/doc... subdirectory.
(4)
  If you have an uppercase name in the path. Axiom tends to string-downcase
  pathnames because of the DOS port years ago. This is on the list of
  things to change. Until then you can't use an uppercase character in
  paths.
(5)
  If you have a symbolic link in the path. Some pathname functions (maybe
  truename) will resolve a different path if there is a symbolic link
  in the given path. I can't construct a case at the moment but I've
  seen it happen.

You could modify the defun code and print the value of the |fn| variable
after the assignment. That will give us a clue about what getenv returned
and concat built. I can't reproduce the problem here.

Tim
address@hidden
address@hidden