gcl-devel

RE: [Maxima] Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: [gnu.org #48656] Re: GCL compliance wit

From: Stavros Macrakis
Subject: RE: [Maxima] Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: [gnu.org #48656] Re: GCL compliance with GNU GPL
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:19:11 -0400

> As for the unexec files, they are far from trivial, and I
> don't see a reason to make them available for non-free
> software. So I think you need to tell people that those files
> can only be used in GPL-covered programs.

Perhaps alternatives to unexec which do not encumber applications with
GPL terms are available.  Would Xemacs's pdumper work for GCL?  I wonder
if the Xemacs people would consider licensing pdumper, their alternative
to unexec
(http://www.xemacs.org/Releases/Public-21.2/projects/pdump.html) under
LGPL or other less restrictive license.

     -s