gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.5.4 candidate

From: Vadim V. Zhytnikov
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.5.4 candidate
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 22:18:28 +0300

Strange? but any attempt to build Version_2_5_4 branch fails
to me on configure stage complaining about missing
  windows/gcl.ansi.iss.in
Any ideas?

Camm Maguire ?????:
Greetings!  I've setup a Version_2_5_4 tag with what I think are the
bugfix only changes from cvs head against 2.5.3.  Please check it out
-- i.e. co or export the source with -r Version_2_5_4, and run your
favorite stuff against it.  I've included below the diff against
2.5.3, as well as the diff against CVS head.

BTW, I've noticed with great satisfaction that a number of
contributors are checking in changes against the core files in o/,
etc.  This is good, as I think GCL needs a diversity of contributors
to thrive.  Some of the patches are quite large though, and difficult
to sort through, consisting of many changes in whitespace, etc.  This
makes it difficult for me to read and certify for release.  May I
please suggest that patches against these core files, and which are
not escaped with arch-specific ifdef's, not touch the formatting, and
be as terse as possible.  We should prettify the code in one step at a
future point, IMHO.  It does seem like some of the changes which I
have not incorporated into 2.5.4 remove global variable
initializations, e.g. in gbc.c and main.c -- why is this?  Mike, I
think these are your mods?

I will also consider any ansi fixes which are immediate in the bugfix
category for consideration in 2.5.4.

Take care,

--
     Vadim V. Zhytnikov