gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] 2.5.4 candidate

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] 2.5.4 candidate
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:03:29 +1000

Hi Camm.

| This
| makes it difficult for me to read and certify for release.  May I
| please suggest that patches against these core files, and which are
| not escaped with arch-specific ifdef's, not touch the formatting, and
| be as terse as possible.  We should prettify the code in one step at a
| future point, IMHO.  It does seem like some of the changes which I
| have not incorporated into 2.5.4 remove global variable
| initializations, e.g. in gbc.c and main.c -- why is this?

These changes came about because while searching for uninitialised variables
(ie initialising previously uninitialised global variable declarations) I
found that there were multiple definitions of these variables which I
removed.   Those multiple definitions are only the tip of the iceberg. I
have also been beefing up the printf debugging support in certain files.

| Mike, I
| think these are your mods?

Yes, I apologise for being so boorish and also for not separating the
different changes into separate check ins, but I was in a hurry to catch the
train and wanted the changes in so that I could work further at home that
night.

Cheers

Mike Thomas