gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] 2.6.0cvs

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.0cvs
Date: 15 Jul 2003 16:56:28 -0400

Greetings!  I just committed my local changes to cvs HEAD with the
following changelog:

  * Experimental Debian distribution for CVS snapshots
  * Type-punning warning fixes
  * small_fixnum overflow fixes
  * off by one fix in cerror
  * reader enhancement to handle foo:(a b c)
  * preliminary defgeneric method support
  * Fix compiler error which had not recognized defpackage as a package
    operation
  * Fix tkl.lisp call to open-named-socket

My intention is to have cvs binaries built in the Debian experimental
distribution, and mirrored in the cvs subdirectory of the ftp site.
'Stable' series binaries will be built in Debian unstable, and will
propagate through testing and stable as normal.  I'll try to mirror
these in a new 'stable' subdirectory on the ftp site.

Most of these changes are bugfixes which I'll backport to a 2.5.4
candidate on the release cvs branch.  Namely all of the above minus
the reader enhancement.  this and Mike Thomas' earlier stated windows
installer changes are slated for 2.5.4.  I'd like to hold off a final
release of 2.5.4 on the chance that we may get a bfd windows build
fixing some apparent relocation errors.

Comments as always welcome,

Take care,