gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] defpackage non-compliant?

From: Paul F. Dietz
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] defpackage non-compliant?
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 22:16:34 -0500

Camm Maguire wrote:

Right now I'm more concerned about a problem that's preventing the
ansi-tests from running at all, having to do with arguments to
defgeneric.  I tried modifying defgeneric to be closer to
how it works in CMUCL and SBCL, but I must be missing something
since it didn't compile properly.

Can you post your patch?

Sorry, no, I didn't keep it around.  It did not work anyway.

The file is pcl/pcl_boot.lisp.  This is taken from pcl, and the
same function occurs (in somewhat mutated form) in other lisps
that use pcl, like cmucl or sbcl.  You could copy code from
them.

Methods defined using :method are special in that if you
do defgeneric on that name again, those methods are first
removed.  For a first cut you could ignore that, just to get
the tests to load (but please note the gap with a FIXME comment
in the code.)

I'm still finding gcl internals hacking to be a pain, since
I don't understand the dependencies in the build process well
enough.

        Paul