gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: [gnu.org #48656] Re: GCL compliance with GNU GPL

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: [gnu.org #48656] Re: GCL compliance with GNU GPL
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 12:41:46 +1000

Hi Camm.

| It appears we have several options:
|
| 1) remove or replace readline in GCL and keep the LGPL
| 2) make use of the clause you cite below for a multiple license
|         strategy depending on whether readline is linked in.
| 3) make GCL GPL and add a note in the COPYING file allowing
|         proprietary images built with proprietary standard common lisp
|         code.

Having expressed my vote in favour of your option 1 in an earlier email,
options 2 or 3 seem fine to me provided that they are legally sustainable.
I also want to note that I agree with your basic sentiment:

| I'm no lawyer, and will be happy
| with anything that keeps everyone else happy :-).

provided that there are no substantially negative flow on effects for our
main "clients" - Maxima, ACL2 and Axiom.

Cheers

Mike Thomas