gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] 3.5.4

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] 3.5.4
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:10:19 +1000

Hi there.

| Greetings!  I'm thinking of releasing a 3.5.4 with the following
| 'bugfix'-like changes:
|
| 1) Cleanup the gcc-3.3 warnings
| 2) Write temporary files to $TMPDIR if set
| 3) Initialize readline automatically on execution if compiled in, with
|         some facility to disable if desired.  (Right now, readline
|         won't kick in if gcl is not run in a vt100 like terminal)

Please also include the CVS HEAD gcl.ico, configure, configure.in and
windows/* - there are a number of fairly old Windows build changes which are
not currently merged into the release branch.

If we have another week before you release 2.5.4 we should also add XDR
detection to configure and I will also fold some changes back in to support
building an ANSI binary installer for Windows.

Cheers

Mike Thomas