gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.5.3 is released

From: Paul F. Dietz
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.5.3 is released
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 20:59:27 -0500

Camm Maguire wrote:

Greetings, all!  I'm back from sabbatical.

Just released a minor bugfix in 2.5.3 which was exposed in Axiom
development.  The news submission is below.

Perhaps we could discuss some priorities for the "road ahead"?
Feedback on 2.5.2?  I hope all users find it an improvement over the
2.4 series.

Some things I have in the back of my mind:
* ANSI
* Better libc dependence on ia64, eg. stack detection and gbc
* floating point "quirks"
* blas support, perhaps in compiler too
* gcl as gcc frontend
* axiom support
* cleaning

I'm all for ANSI, as you might guess.  I'm slogging through
section 7 (the object system) now.  We're up to around 12400
tests.

ECL seems to be making some strides these days -- can we
merge anything from there?  It's under LGPL, IIRC.

I'd like to see efficiency tuning once ANSI compliance is
done.  Some of the sequence function algorithms are O(n^2),
I think.

        Paul