gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] 2.5.3 is released

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] 2.5.3 is released
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 11:30:18 +1000

Hi Camm.

| Just released a minor bugfix in 2.5.3 which was exposed in Axiom
| development.  The news submission is below.

The Windows 2.5.3 binary is in the download section.

| Perhaps we could discuss some priorities for the "road ahead"?
| Feedback on 2.5.2?  I hope all users find it an improvement over the
| 2.4 series.
|
| Some things I have in the back of my mind:
| * ANSI
| * Better libc dependence on ia64, eg. stack detection and gbc
| * floating point "quirks"
| * blas support, perhaps in compiler too

It might be worthwhile implementing UFFI as a first step towards doing this.
My recollection is that you mentioned this before your recent absence.

| * gcl as gcc frontend
| * axiom support
| * cleaning

Say we used a cross-platform compatible subset of, for example, the pthreads
library, or native API support for a few simple primitives, what else would
need to be done to support OS multi-threading under GCL?

Is OS multi-threading likely  to be important to GCL users in the near
future?

If it is something we might do later, how might it affect the tentative
agenda set out above?

Cheers

Mike Thomas