gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom on cmu cl

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom on cmu cl
Date: 29 Apr 2003 09:52:48 -0400

Greetings!  [ Just a reminder, I'm still away on sabbatical until 6/1,
so correspondence will be somewhat spotty. ]

I just noticed how cmucl handled the in-package issue:

CMU Common Lisp 18d, running on zdvnetz.zdv.Uni-Mainz.DE
Send questions to address@hidden and bug reports to address@hidden
Loaded subsystems:
    Python 1.0, target Intel x86
    CLOS based on PCL version:  September 16 92 PCL (f)
Warning:  Old-style IN-PACKAGE.

It would be rather easy to implement this type of behavior in GCL, at
least for your development work locally, and perhaps enabled by an
environment variable so as to still pass Paul's ansi-cl tests.  I'm
only bringing this up as there were quite a few bug fixes in addition
to the ansi-cl changes in 2.4 -> 2.5.2.  2.4 should be basically
unchanged from Dr. Schelter's (high quality) work with only a few
minimal fixes.  If axiom ever worked on 2.4, it should still, but in
general, I think 2.5.2 is significantly more robust.  I'd be
interested to see if you still get the stack overflow with the newer
version.  Please let me know if you would like to try a simple patch
to package.d along these lines in 2.5.2.

Also, if you could please post a simple (as possible) set of steps
showing the bug, I'd be happy to look at it here under a debugger.

Take care,