gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Problem getting GCL working

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Problem getting GCL working
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 20:55:39 -0400

Toby wrote:
My ultimate goal is to compile a package of Maximus so I've been trying to
install
GCL to that end.  I've downloaded the precompiled Solaris package and installed
it.

If Maximus is really maxima, the computer algebra program, you don't need to have gcl for it to work. If you're running on Solaris, clisp and cmucl will work just fine with maxima.

[snip]

Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?  It seems fairly obvious I must be
missing
something stupid.

BTW, Solaris 8 and should be fully patched.

FWIW, I have not been able to compile gcl on Solaris since gcl 2.4.0 or so. I don't know why, and I'm too lazy to try to figure it out.

Ray