gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Which right configure options to compile on Linux/PowerP

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Which right configure options to compile on Linux/PowerPC
Date: 08 Mar 2003 07:30:12 -0500

Greetings!   (I'm away, but managed to read my email remotely today.
Communication with me will alas be quite unreliable until 6/1.)

In general, if you have installed the packages listed in the
Build-Depends: field of the package control file
(e.g. debian/control), you should just be able to do 'fakeroot
debian/rules binary'.  I don't know where the standard build is
failing for you, but on ppc, Debian does

./configure --enable-dynsysgmp

This presupposes /usr/lib/libbfd.a and /usr/libiberty.a are
present, having been installed via the binutils-dev package, on which
GCL 'build-depends'.

statsysbfd means static system bfd library (i.e. /usr/lib/libbfd.a)
dynsysbfd means dynamic system bfd library (i.e. /usr/lib/libbfd.so)
locbfd means build a local bfd library from the binutils version
included with the GCL source in the binutils directory.
dlopen means don't use bfd for relocations, but dlopen, to load object
files.  This is definitely worse, but the only option available as of
this point on some platforms.  With dlopen, you cannot load .o files,
save the system with si::save-system, restart the image and find the
object files loaded.

Hope this helps,

Take care,