gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Build failing with --enable-ansi

From: Paul F. Dietz
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Build failing with --enable-ansi
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:59:26 -0600

Camm Maguire wrote:
Hi Paul!  Yes, I saw this, and it should now be fixed.  You must have
caught the CVS update in between two rapid revisions last night.  My
apologies.

Thanks.  I noticed early on that when the build failed it left some
files that were not removed by 'make clean'.  clcs/precom.{h|c|data}
was among them.  If anyone is having problems building they should
do a make clean followed by cvs -q update, and look for files that
shouldn't be there.

BTW, could either you or Peter elaborate on what is needed for typep,
subtypep, and coerce regarding the recent structure test failures?  I
tried Peter's experimental fix, but it led to a value stack overflow.

I am not familiar with the implementation, but the effect should
be that classes are acceptable as type specifiers in any of these
functions (or, indeed, anywhere a type specifier is called for.)

I added many new tests this morning that fail.  Many more will
be coming -- I'm going to check that all the builtin functions
that take keyword arguments also accept :allow-other-keys <true>,
which I don't think many of them do.

        Paul