gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] gcl 2.4.4 build problem in solaris

From: nanang
Subject: [Gcl-devel] gcl 2.4.4 build problem in solaris
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:10:01 +0900

Greetings..
I got 'undefined symbol for bfd's symbols' while build gcl 2.4.4
downloaded from: ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gcl/
I built it in solaris 8 using gcc 3.2, with no option passed to
'configure'.
I have just tried to recompile the gcc 3.2 and binutils 2.13 to make
sure that the compilers crew is built healthy,
But the error was still the same.

So, I decided to get gcl from the cvs:
address@hidden:/cvsroot
But, these errors were occurred when built:

Compiling collectfn.lsp.
Finished loading ../lsp/sys-proclaim.lisp
Finished loading sys-proclaim.lisp
Finished loading ./cmpinit.lsp
End of Pass 1.

;; Note: Tail-recursive call of ADD-CALLEE was replaced by iteration.
;; Note: Tail-recursive call of TYPE-OR was replaced by iteration.
End of Pass 2.
OPTIMIZE levels: Safety=2, Space=3, Speed=3
Finished compiling collectfn.lsp.

Error: Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged]
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by BYE.
Backtrace: system::gcl-top-level > if > let > bye > BYE

Error: The tag (NIL) is undefined.
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by BYE.
Backtrace: SYSTEM:UNIVERSAL-ERROR-HANDLER

Error: The tag (NIL) is undefined.
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by SYSTEM:UNIVERSAL-ERROR-HANDLER.
Backtrace: SYSTEM:UNIVERSAL-ERROR-HANDLER

--cut, same error messages--

Error: The tag (NIL) is undefined.
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Error signalled by SYSTEM:UNIVERSAL-ERROR-HANDLER.
Backtrace: SYSTEM:UNIVERSAL-ERROR-HANDLER

Unrecoverable error: bind stack overflow.

I have tried to compile my ftp version using binutils library from cvs
version (by modifying makedefs),
but core dumped was occurred:

Finished loading ../gcl-tk/tk-package.lsp

>Initializing ../lsp/predlib.o
Initializing ../lsp/setf.o
Initializing ../lsp/arraylib.o
Initializing ../lsp/assert.o
Initializing ../lsp/defstruct.o
Bus Error - core dumped
make[1]: *** [saved_gcl] Error 138
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/gcl-2.4.4/unixport'
make: *** [all] Error 2

have anyone had solution for this problem, please?
Thanks,

nanang

---