gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Questions concerning Documentation, Sockets, FFI

From: Eric Merritt
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Questions concerning Documentation, Sockets, FFI
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 13:32:01 -0800 (PST)

Hello everyone,

 First off if this is not the place to ask this
question I apoligize for cluttering the list. If this
is the case, please point me towards the proper list.

On the other hand, if this is the right place I have a
few questions that I hope you can help me with. Keep
in mind that I am somewhat new to lisp (though these
are gcl specific questions, not questions about lisp)
and very new to gcl.

 First off the documentation provided (the info files)
seems to be a generic set of documents that are not
specific to gcl at all. Command line options, etc are
well handled by the man page however this leaves gcl
specific packages like sockets undocumented. Is there
any gcl specific documentation? If so could you point
me to the appropriate location.

 Specifically is there documentation for the sockets
packages? Or at the least some example source I could
look at? I greped the source and didn't come up with
anything usefull, though I know sockets are supported
due to previous postings to this list. My specific
goal here is to make use of non-blocking sockets
(async) if the are supported, otherwise I will just do
it as a standard multithreaded piece. If I go that
route I will need to find the docs on the
multi-threading functionality if they exist.

 Last, but not least. Is there any specific
documentation for the FFI? I have downloaded pargcl to
use for an example, but I thought that if I was
posting to the list anyway I might as well ask this
question to.

I hope I have not been to vague or demanding.

Thank you all so much for your efforts,
Eric