gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: ansi-test

From: Christophe Rhodes
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: ansi-test
Date: 17 Dec 2002 09:27:48 +0000

Sam Steingold <address@hidden> writes:

>    this is not helpful: I am not told what has happened, what is being
>    tested, why T was expected and what function was not defined.
>    When I try to evaluate the form, I have to strip the `#:' by hand.
>    Please avoid gensyms!

Have you read the comments just by the source of that test?  You
aren't treating a bare :CONC-NAME (or :CONC-NAME NIL) right, in your
definition of structure accessors (the accessors are being interned in
the wrong package).  Personally, I've found going back to the
specification to verify what's going on very useful -- it's brought to
light several other corner cases.

Also, try setting *PRINT-CIRCLE* to T to get an EVALable form, and/or
defining a print-object method on SIMPLE-UNDEFINED-FUNCTIONs to see
the function name, and run the test again.

Cheers,

Christophe