gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Portable AllegroServe on GCL

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Portable AllegroServe on GCL
Date: 11 Dec 2002 16:47:20 -0500

Greetings!

Bill Page <address@hidden> writes:

> I sent the following email yesterday but it did not appear.
> Is there/was there a problem is address@hidden

Not to my knowledge.  I'm cc'ing this as well, so lets see if it shows
up.

> > From: Bill Page <address@hidden>
> > Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 13:16:34 -0500
> > To: <address@hidden>
> > Subject: Portable AllegroServe on GCL
> >
> > Does anyone know the status of HTTP servers on GCL? For
> > example:
> >
> >   http://sourceforge.net/projects/portableaserve/
> >
> > and
> >
> >   http://www.ai.mit.edu/projects/iiip/doc/cl-http/home-page.html

I'm not aware of anyone having built these.  I just downloaded the
first.  It looks straightforward.  Someone needs to write an
acl-compat wrapper a la acl-compat-mcl.  Unfortunately I don't have
time right now.

> > Has any work been done to implement an HTTP server in
> > GCL? If yes, are there particular limitations of the
> > Windows version of GCL that would make this even more
> > difficult?

I think the standard common-lisp implementations should work with the
least amount of effort.  To my understanding, our Windows support has
working sockets.  Is this right, Mike?

Take care,