gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Recent core fix

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Recent core fix
Date: 05 Dec 2002 14:12:41 -0500

Greetings!  I just wanted to report here briefly on a core fix I've
just uploaded.  On some systems, certain system calls like fread will
not restart if they are interrupted by an SGC originated segfault.
The general work-around is to write to the destination buffer before
the system call to get the SGC out of the way.  I'm hoping this will
be the final adjustment uncovered by building gcl/acl2 on Debian.
This experience also reinforces (to me at least) the benefit of the
portability we've been shooting for as an easy way to uncover core
bugs which might not be triggered for any number of reasons on
standard x86 machines.

Take care,