gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] acl2_2.7-5

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] acl2_2.7-5
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 22:24:05 -0500

Greetings!  I cannot reproduce the autobuild failure on caballero with
the same build-deps packages installed (locally in my home directory).
There appears to be a recent change to gcc-3.2 on this platform which
is printing out warnings of unaligned accesses ... ip=.....  Even with
this extra output, acl2 builds fine and passes all tests for me, but
not the on autobuilder, where the warning messages are not present,
but immediate evidence of gcl miscompilation is displayed.  None of
this showed up as recently as acl2_2.6-15, a week or two ago.

I can try to find out where these accesses are coming from if I can
find out where the apparently-gcc-installed warning is being output,
which is thus far evading me.  gcl also has the ability to align
memory blocks on boundaries coarser than the word size, which can be
used if necessary.  I assumed this was not necessary here.

Advice appreciated.

Take care,