gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] gcl/acl2 and cacheflush

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] gcl/acl2 and cacheflush
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:34:58 -0500

Greetings!  In putting together the acl2 package for Debian, I've run
across an apparent failure of GCL's cache flushing mechanism on m68k.
The failure seems to be a rare corner case only exposed by the heavy
workout of the object module loading code required by acl2.  It seems
clear that the cache flushing is to blame, as the results are not
reproducible from run to run, and a related cache flushing bug on
powerpc has already been similarly exposed (and fixed).

Here is what we use currently use:

#include <asm/cachectl.h>
int cacheflush(void *,int,int,int);
#define CLEAR_CACHE do {void
*v=memory->cfd.cfd_start,*ve=v+memory->cfd.cfd_size; \
                        cacheflush(v,FLUSH_SCOPE_LINE,FLUSH_CACHE_BOTH,ve-v);\
                    } while(0)

The only thing I can think of trying is FLUSH_SCOPE_PAGE.

Any help most appreciated!

Take care,