gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: repository access

From: GOTO Kentaro
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: repository access
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 07:47:01 +0900

At 11 Nov 2002 13:35:08 -0500,
Camm Maguire wrote:
> Greetings, and welcome aboard!   You've been added to the GCL
> developer list.

Thanks!

> In general, we ask that new members consult with the list before there
> first few commits, in order to make sure we are not duplicating effort
> or working at cross purposes.  Any changes to the h/FreeBSD{h,defs}
> files is completely fine.  Changes to the core files used by other
> platforms should be treated more carefully.

Okay, I would keep that in mind.

> At some point, it might be nice to setup an autobuild process on a
> FreeBSD and to copy the package thus produced to the cvs subdir of the
> ftp site.  On the other hand, we should only do this if it would be of
> service to *BSD users.  If everyone compiles there own anyway, there
> is little point.

Interesting idea.  But maybe FreeBSD-centered way interferes other's
because each BSD has its own packaging system.
IMHO, it might be nicer to only show and maintain a BSD-general plain
process which is not fully automatic.  A package maintainer of each BSD
could make a package from that naturally.

Cheers,

Gotoken