gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] condition-proposal UPDATE

From: Peter Wood
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] condition-proposal UPDATE
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 22:07:52 +0100

Hi

On Sat, Nov 09, 2002 at 01:14:43PM -0500, Camm Maguire wrote:

> I have a few other thoughts about maxima/serror, and the build method
> for the ansi image, but I'll post that separately.

I'll be very interested to hear.

Anyway, here are the patches.  I think they should work with CVS GCL.
I have just made them against what I am 'real sure' (TM)  is the GCL I
downloaded from CVS today.

You will certainly want to give them a good check :-/.  I have been
working on a slightly older CVS GCL so there are probably a few diffs
which are anacronisms.

Some words of warning - I went through the C code at a run and took
lots of snap decisions on what the error type should be.  I am well
aware that there are probably lots of corrections to be made.  I do
think it should be easier to make changes to error types now.
However, having said that (and this is going to sound silly) I am no
longer 100% sure that this is the right way.

These patches also include the change to build PCL and CLCS packages
in package.d  You might not want that.

I think the best thing in here is the support for the optional
condition arg to find-restart, abort and friends.  The rest, um ...

Regards
Peter