gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] lambda-closure and *print-level*

From: Peter Wood
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] lambda-closure and *print-level*
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:49:02 +0100

Hi

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 10:17:54AM -0500, Camm Maguire wrote:

> We need to register this as a task on the website, as it doesn't look
> particularly trivial.  How would you describe its priority?
> Thankfully, we can see how ecl does it, which should be pretty close.
> Ideally, someone could find the relevant sections in the ansi-spec,
> ensure that they describe essentially the same behavior as you have
> quoted from cltl2, dig into the diffs with ecl to discover its patch,
> and propose a change.  If no one else volunteers, I'll certainly try
> to get to it, but I'm not sure whether it should be at the top of the
> list.

The relevant clarification is at:

http://www.lispworks.com/reference/HyperSpec/Issues/iss175_w.htm

I think its pretty important if we want to call ourselves ansi.
However there are surely lots of other things that are more pressing.

I am currently fiddling with the error system.  Wether or not anything
comes of that, I will investigate this closure issue afterwards.

Regards,
Peter