gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] bfd problem on gentoo?

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] bfd problem on gentoo?
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 19:20:11 -0700 (PDT)

--- Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:
> Greetings!  And thanks for your interest in gcl.  There is no
> 'htab_create_alloc' symbol in my libbfd (nor libiberty.a).  This must
> have been added in a recent binutils version.  It looks like a
> problem
> in building your binutils, unless there is a new auxiliary library
> required or something.  If you wish, you can take a cvs snapshot and
> configure to build a bfd lib from the local tree.  This should not be
> necessary and is decidedly less modular, but if you want something
> fast, that's my recommendation.

I can confirm this problem (gentoo 1.4rc1), binutils-2.13.90.0.4 with
the latest cvs gcl. When I try the localbfd option, this is what
happens:

ash-2.05a$ ./configure --enable-locbfd
host=i686-pc-linux-gnu
enable_machine=
Exactly one loader option must be chosen: dlopen=no statsysbfd=yes
dynsysbfd=no locbfd=yes custreloc=no

What else do I need to specify, exactly?  Sorry if this is a dumb
question.

CY