gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Two new tests for (SETF (VALUES ...) ...)

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Two new tests for (SETF (VALUES ...) ...)
Date: 22 Oct 2002 10:59:17 -0400

Greetings, and thanks as always for your work on these tests!

Should I take a look at fixing this, or did you want to try to get the
define-setf-method working here?  By the way, I had tried to use
defsetf to define a values method using the examples at the top of
lsp/setf.lsp.  I didn't spend too much time, but had difficulty in
getting the 'store-form' list to handle multiple values.  This is
still probably the best way to go, but if you'd rather not right now,
I think I can get the evaluation order in what we have working.

Just another note -- the setf implementation goes through a C wrapper
processing certain cases before the lisp is ever called.  I can't
determine whether this was by design or accretion, but in any case, setf
is not uniformly handled at present.

Take care,