gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] An example of output from the clocc ansi tests

From: Paul F. Dietz
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] An example of output from the clocc ansi tests
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 19:12:18 -0500

John Jorgensen wrote:

I appologize for bringing up two errors that probably are problems with
the test, but I'm trying to get some feedback into whether I'm
interpreting the tests and the spec right. There are a lot of errors to
sift through and I'm new at this.

Another thing I noticed in the test is it said it expected 'T'.
The spec only requires that EQUAL returns a true value
when things are equal; it doesn't have to be T.

In my tests I've been using (not (not ...)) a lot in these cases,
or calling a function EQUALT that I defined that is like EQUAL
but really does return T.

Your more substantive objection is also correct.  That must not
be a standards compliance test.  It seems to me the purpose of
the CLOCC ansi tests has been allowed to become muddled.

        Paul