gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] An example of output from the clocc ansi tests

From: John Jorgensen
Subject: [Gcl-devel] An example of output from the clocc ansi tests
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:16:57 -0400 (EDT)

Here is an example of the kind of output that is seen in the clocc ansi
tests. This is the contents of "array.erg" which is possibly all failures
of array tests;

Bugid: :ARRAY-LEGACY-269 interpreted Form: (LET ((S (PRIN1-TO-STRING
ARRAY-TOTAL-SIZE-LIMIT))) (OR (EQUAL S "16777216")))
Should be: T
AKCL: NIL
Why : ""

Bugid: :ARRAY-LEGACY-366 interpreted Form: (SETF (AREF ZERO) 1.0)
Should be an error of type: TYPE-ERROR
AKCL: #<CONDITIONS::INTERNAL-SIMPLE-STREAM-ERROR.18> (Error in EVAL [or a
callee]: Expected a FIXNUM )
Why: ""

Now the failure seems to be because gcl allows arrays to be bigger then
the spec says. Typing array-total-size-limit at the prompt returns
2147483647. The spec (if I read it correctly) says that
array-total-size-limit should be not less then 1024 so I would call this a
bogus error. the test form should probably read;
(LET ((S  ARRAY-TOTAL-SIZE-LIMIT)) (OR (> S 1023)))
or something like that.

The second test seems to produce the right result but in a format not
understood by the test. The make-array that sets zero is;
(make-array (quote nil) :element-type '(mod 5))

I appologize for bringing up two errors that probably are problems with
the test, but I'm trying to get some feedback into whether I'm
interpreting the tests and the spec right. There are a lot of errors to
sift through and I'm new at this.

J*