gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] makefile & EXTRAS

From: Peter Wood
Subject: [Gcl-devel] makefile & EXTRAS
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 10:14:34 +0200

Hi

In unixport/makefile, $(EXTRAS) is (if set) compiled as part of
libgcl.a, (created, I think, by ranlib) but how should special linking
flags for $(EXTRAS) be set?

For example, if an extension needs to be linked with '-lcurses'
how should this be done with the present way of compiling $(EXTRAS)?
Is there a way of doing this with ranlib?

I suggest that $(EXTRAS) should be built as part of raw_$(SYSTEM), and
that an extra variable $(EXTRAS_LD_LIBS) be introduced:

raw_$(SYSTEM): libgcl.a libgclp.a $(SYSTEM_OBJS)
        $(CC) -o raw_$(SYSTEM)$(EXE) $(filter %.o,$^) -L. $(EXTRAS) \
$(EXTRAS_LD_LIBS) $(LD_LIBS)

It is still necessary to have $(EXTRAS) as a prerequisite for $(OBJS),
otherwise it doesn't get built.

Also, perhaps removing $(EXTRAS) should be specified by 'clean'.

Regards,
Peter