gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: MPI

From: Gene Cooperman
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: MPI
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 18:42:58 -0400 (EDT)

I'm pleased to see that some people are now using this code for GCL/MPI.

I had developed  the code about 7 years ago.  During the first 6 years,
there didn't seem to be any people using it.  Since there is now
some interest in it, I would be very interested in helping to update
the code.

I also have a PhD student, Viet Ha Nguyen (address@hidden), who
is interested in working on this project.

If you could send us a copy of the current version of GCL/MPI, with
your patches, and a description of what is not working, we could work
on fixing the rest of it.  If GCL/MPI can then be distributed via the
GCL web site, that would be even better.

SIDE NOTE:
Since the original GCL/MPI code, I had gone on to build a version that
supports the same master-slave model  of parallelism in C.  That code
is:  TOP-C  (Task Oriented Parallel C/C++)
The URL is: http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/gene/topc.html
We also just started an open source project on it at freshmeat.org.

We could support GCL/MPI from freshmeat.org or from your site.
In either case, we would be very interesting in having GCL/MPI
distributed from the GCL web site, and we would be happy to
bring GCL/MPI up to date so others can easily use it.
                                                - Gene Cooperman